Tuesday, February 18, 2014

his grace.

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."                                                                                                                               {2 Corinthians 12:9}

It snows a lot here. A lot as in 254 inches thus far. And it doesn't matter what the groundhog says. In the mountains winter lasts until May. No questions asked.

a lot as in "this looks dangerous" a lot. 

a lot as in "it won't be long until that road sign is buried" a lot.

When it snows that much, one really starts thinking... especially thinking about the beauty of it. It amazes me that because it's just the right temperature, the rain droplets turn to snow. How does that happen? Why not ice pellets? That seems more fitting according to what I know about water. But no, God gave us the miracle of snow. Snow that is so intricately designed with no two flakes alike. Snow that falls softly and slowly. Snow that creates a beautiful white blanket to cover everything... nothing is void of the snow. Recently, the snow falls every single day, recovering anything that surfaced. There is pure beauty in that!


"Cleanse me with hyssop and I will be clean, wash me and I will be whiter than snow."     {Psalm 51:7}
"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow."          {Isaiah 1:18}


You see, God doesn't just give us the snow to marvel at its beauty. He gives us the snow as a representation of how we are wiped clean... how his power can make us whiter than the whitest of snow. Our sins are a deep scarlet red. Nothing we do can cover that blood-stain. But the Lord's grace falls softly purifying us to be whiter than snow. Every day there is more, turning the ugly into beauty. And nothing turns up void of his grace. Nothing in our lives is untouched by God's grace, even the parts that we think we can keep covered. 



These days, I need that grace more than ever. I need the grace that covers all of me, makes me clean and beautiful in His sight. Because without that, I am nothing. And so I say...


                                                                       Eternal One, 
  Silence
             from whom my words come;
       Questioner
             in whom my questions arise;
Lover
             of whom alone I find my rest;
  Mystery
                                     in whose depths I find healing and myself;
enfold me now in your presence;
restore to me your peace;
renew me through your power;
and ground me in your grace. 

                                                          Guerrillas of Grace, Ted Loder





 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment