Sunday, January 12, 2014

14 goals for 2014.

Beginning a new year is sort of a funny thing. It's the flip of a calendar page that brings a clean slate. It allows for everything to be new or nothing to change. It can bring a sense of hope and expectation for what is to come.

And this new year, 2014, I was encouraged to write a few goals.

Be more aware of little, simplistic blessings.
Have more honest conversations.
Be a woman of prayer.
Work out more.
Pursue a teaching career.
Move.
Do things outside of my comfort zone.
Do not take time for granted.
Travel to a new place.
Invest in people.
Take more photos.
Run a 5k for something I'm passionate about.
Read at least 10 books.
Know the Lord more.


But these goals are nothing if I just jot them down in my journal and forget about them. Goals have to guide us. They have to point us in the direction we want to go.

"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."                                                                                                                                                   {Philippians 3:13-14}

 I realize that I may not reach all of my goals this year. I will fail at times. And I'm okay with that. These goals will still push me towards the end goal. They will keep my eyes on the one thing that I desire most: to bring God glory in all that I do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment