Monday, August 26, 2013

adventure.

In the last few days I spent at home, I had the privilege to have dinner with some of the people I hold dearest to my heart. We shared memories of what has been, and dreams of what is to come. When it was time to say good-bye, the one word I heard over and over again was adventure. "Enjoy your adventure", "good luck on your adventure", "can't wait to hear about your adventure", etc. And as I drove away I thought, surely I am not the only one embarking on an adventure.


friends who were able to celebrate in k-town. thank you.

Recently I am all about dictionary definitions so I decided to look up Merriam-Webster's definition of adventure.

Adventure (noun) : encountering of risks; an exciting or remarkable experience

Now, let me make an important announcement : Friends, I am not the only one encountering adventure. 
Life is all about adventure. Every day is an exciting or remarkable experience. I think of friends who are preparing classrooms for their first year of teaching. You are on an adventure. I think of friends who recently said "I do" for the rest of their lives. You are on an adventure. I think of friends who are living in unfamiliar big cities. You are on an adventure! The risks involved in each of our adventures varies, but that does not reduce the importance of the specific adventure God has you on. 
In Him we are chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will.    {Ephesians 1:11}
We are His chosen people, living the adventures He planned for us according to His will. Your adventure is not insignificant. Your adventure is not dull or boring. Your adventure is yours for a purpose. May you hold dear to that adventure and live it out loud. May your days become remarkable experiences that you praise God for.







1 comment:

  1. Lovely and wise my friend :)

    I hope you're enjoying the beginning of your adventure! I'm enjoying the beginning of mine!

    ReplyDelete